Post: Support Worker/ Personal Assistants/ Carers
Hours: Full and Part time hours available
Location: Community/ Residential Support Services as booked
Golden Crown is a Supported living and Domiciliary care provider for nursing and care service with an enablement approach to support our clients to lead independent lives.
Using a person centred approach and in partnership with families and other supports, the role of Support Worker/ Personal Assistant is to assist our Service Users in making choices, achieving their goals and living the lives they wish to lead.
- Display our values and behaviours throughout all your working practices.
- Work with our Service users to identify, plan and agree activities within their home/community to achieve valuable outcomes that work best for the customer.
- Provide personal care where required with dignity and respect to our customers as required.
- Promote the rights and responsibilities of each individual service user.
- Maintain effective communication, both written and verbal, with all relevant individuals.
- Ensure care/ Support plans and PBS records and outcomes are updated and actively participate in risk assessments. This will include electronic care records.
- Administer medication as per care plans and policies and procedures, after you have received practical training and support to do so.
- Share ideas or experiences with others to develop better ways of working for the benefit of the Service users.
- Understand and keep updated on current legislation, policies and procedures relevant to your role and how to apply them in your practice.
- Actively involved in continually improving our ways of working.
- Reflect and take responsibility for your own learning and self development to continually improve your ways of working.
- Report any issues or concerns to a member of the management team.
- Carry out any duties in your role as the responsible person.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested.
Above all this role requires a clear focus on delivery of a professional, ethical and quality driven service to all our service users.
Knowledge and Skills
|1.Knowledge and understanding of National Care Standards in accordance with CQC and skills for care.
2.Knowledge and understanding of current social care legislation and best practice.
3.Standard Grade English and Maths or equivalent.
4.Ability to obtain appropriate registration where required.
|5.NVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care (Adults) or equivalent.
|1.Experience of providing personal care to service users at home.
2. Relevant experience providing support to customers with learning difficulties.
3.Effective verbal and written communication skills.
4. Basic IT Skills.
|5. Experience of supporting clients with complex learning and/or physical difficulties.
6.Experience of lone working.
7.Experience of contributing to support plans.
8.Specialist knowledge, skills, hobbies or interests that could be used to facilitate workshops and activities for our service users.
|9.Flexibility with regards to working patterns over a 24/7 period.
10.Prepared and able to work outside normal working hours to meet the needs of the service.
11.Ability to travel throughout London and home counties to meet the requirements of the service.
|12.Full UK driving licence.